One of the most common questions we receive at Life Science Connect is, “What’s the best way to contribute content to be published on one of your sites?” The answer is pretty straightforward: create content that will be incredibly valuable for our users. To that end, however, we have developed some submission guidelines to help you better understand exactly what we’re looking for.
- The ideal length of a submitted article is between 800 and 1,000 words.
- The content must be original. If the article has been published on another site or in print, it will not be considered.
- The article CANNOT promote, either directly or indirectly, a company or product or service.
- Be sure to include the author’s information (e.g. brief bio, title, and headshot).
- Prior to publishing, we reserve the right to edit any submission in an effort to meet length requirements, improve readability, and/or optimize web traffic.
- Life Science Connect readers are professionals throughout the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Make sure the topic of your article is valuable to this audience. (e.g. How can they improve their business processes? Will regulatory changes impact their business? What industry news or trend affects them most?)
- Your article should include actionable information. Ideally, your article should force readers to take action, rethink a current position, or dive deeper into a topic.
- Our readers are busy people. You need to grab their attention by breaking your article into shorter, digestible paragraphs. Also, include headings within the article to draw attention and break-up the piece.
- Come up with a great headline. It’s the first thing readers see of your article. It has to engage them and drive readers to learn more. (An effective technique can be to write the headline before you actually write the article.)
For more information or to submit your content, please contact the editor.